Bamberg Station 6 km/regular bus service
Daily from 9
Monday from 5
Output: 500 HL
Founded in 1457, the Drei Kronen has something of another era to it. That said, they have made some inroads to brewing some new style beers and have embraced the “new” craft beer revolution finally hitting Germany. People come here to dine as much as drink but they certainly promote their growing beer portfolio.
My first time here was brief and I’d come strictly to try their famed Stöffla, a rauchkellerbier. It was quite good but I left feeling unwelcomed. It could have been my arrival time mid-afternoon, between meal times. I returned recently to eat a birthday meal and my wife and I were quite impressed with both the food and beer. We’ll return a lot more quickly the next time.
Stöffla and goose breast
Beer: Stöffla, Lager, Keller-Pils
- Three different bocks (Caspar, Melchior, Balthaser) on January 6th (Three Holy Kings)
- Fastenbier from Ash Wednesday
- Sommerbier from April 23rd
- Kerwbier from the middle of August
- Böckla Anstich on the 31st of October
Back to Memmelsdorf.